Today Pratt & Whitney Singapore Manufacturing broke ground on a new facility at the Seletar Aerospace Park. This new production facility will manufacture fan blades and high pressure turbine disks for Pratt & Whitney's PurePower® Geared Turbofan™ engines.
This new 180,000 square foot (16,000 square meter) facility will border Pratt & Whitney's existing flagship facility at Seletar – Pratt & Whitney Singapore Component Repair – further expanding the company's 30-year presence in the country.
Now with a total of nine businesses in Singapore, Pratt & Whitney Singapore Manufacturing will help Pratt & Whitney achieve production capacity required to meet customer demand for commercial engines. With the construction of this new facility, Pratt & Whitney's work force in Singapore is expected to increase to more than 2,500 people over the next five years – making it home to the company's most comprehensive aftermarket presence in one location.
The new Pratt & Whitney Singapore Manufacturing facility is projected to be complete by 2014, and it will begin producing commercial engine fan blades in 2015 and high pressure turbine disks by 2016. Pratt & Whitney is also in the final stages of completing its existing 160,000 square foot (15,000 square meter) Singapore Component Repair facility in the Seletar Aerospace Park, which is readying for occupancy in the first quarter with initial production to begin by the end of 2013.
Click here to read Pratt & Whitney’s press release.
- • Pratt & Whitney Boosts Presence in Asia (CNBC)
- • Pratt & Whitney to invest $110 mln in Singapore plants (Reuters)
- • New Pratt & Whitney facility in Seletar Aerospace Park (Straits Times)
- • Pratt & Whitney to build first manufacturing plant in Singapore (CNA)
- • Pratt Breaks New Ground in Singapore (Aviation International News)
- • Pratt & Whitney Singapore expansion to increase production (ATW)